- Unlocking your calling/assignment
YOUR TALENTS & SPIRITUAL GIFTS ARE POINTERS AND TOOLS.
You were created as a distinct person! You have no photocopy and that’s why you are unique!
You were carved by the mighty hands of God and God knew you as a person even when you were still in your mother’s womb. It is not out of place to say that God even knew you and created you for a purpose ever before your parents mate at all. God has a plan that preceded your birth.
Why did I say that? Prophecies had gone out before Jesus was born about a messiah who would be the saviour of the world to reconcile people back to God.
Virtually everything Jesus did on earth was a fulfillment of what God had planned from the foundation of the earth.
The same is true of your life, regardless of the circumstances surrounding your birth: born into a poor home, born out of wedlock, or may be you are a product of rape, raised by a single mum and still can’t identify your father, lost your mum while she was birthing you, dear no matter those circumstances God has a plan for your life from inception.
No wonder the psalmist says “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” Psalms 139:14
“God didn’t only create you with physical body parts and intestines: there are treasures God has deposited into you by which He expects you to achieve purpose and be a blessing to your world.”
I am made bold to say that none of us was born empty!
“A man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men” Proverbs 18:16.
This Bible passage is a pointer to what you can achieve through harnessing your spiritual gifts and talents.
Talents are special natural ability of a person. They are activities that are natural, easy to flow through for you.
Spiritual gifts are given to all believers/Christian by the Holy Spirit as He pleases.
Our gifts & talents which stands for the POTENTIALS in us, the seed for our greatness if only we discover, value them and utilize them in the fulfillment of our purpose.
It is in exercising this gift that you will find real fulfillment, purpose, and contentment in your life.
It was talent that took David to the palace where he belongs: his place of purpose.
His destiny had something to do with the throne but while working with his talent he had access to the room.
David”s first visit to King Saul’s palace was a ticket given him by his talent.
King Saul needed a man who is skillful in playing harps to play soft music for him so as to relieve him from the evil spirit tormenting him. A call was made and David stepped into the palace.
Your gifts enable you to fulfil your vision. 1. Samuel 16:15- 23
WHAT ARE MY TALENTS?
1. Talents are natural, physical, mental ability to learn something with relative ease.
2. Natural endowments/abilities
3. Talent is something you are good at and have a strong desire to do it which
in addition gives you a great joy, fulfillment and power.
4. Talent are not activities which make you feel frustrated or miserable, it doesn’t drain your energy neither does it leave you empty. (Check yourself on this note)
5. Talents are the activities which give you joy no matter how challenging they are, you still find them very interesting
6. Talent is that thing(s) you can do very excellently
LIST OF TALENTS
4.Managing and coordinating people
7.Meeting and Connecting with people
8.Supporting people’s vision (helps)
9.Creative and innovative
11.Love for musical instruments
16.Inquisitive ability(always wanting to know the cause of major problems)
17.Extra-ordinary love for the sick
18.Passion for artistic designs
19.Passion to arbitrate between two conflicting parties
20. Love for fabrics
21. Great imagination for patterns
22. Drawing Among many others.
My core talents are:
1. Singing… (I discovered God’s grace on this talent. So it is not just a love for singing..it is a calling)
2. Reading, writing. (I can read round the clock and write late into the night… My core strength for fulfilling my assignment now)
3. Cooking and baking…(with all joy…heading towards commercializing my baking)
4. Organizing… (With great passion..I can give anything a fine shape when I have the materials. Chronic organizer)
5. Coordinating and connecting with people(Administration..I am a builder and maintenance leader. Not much of a creative thinker)
6. Public Speaking…I didn’t notice it on time (It pop up through my assignment).
From all these definitions, I want you to list a range of activities you do and write them down.
These are the areas you must EXPLORE. They are pointers to your assignment and tools to fulfill your purpose.
Esther Ebunoluwa Omoniyi